Our first event! – A Holiday HOPE Party (Thanks, OCRF!)
We are SO excited to have seen the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund’s Facebook post about hosting a HOPE party this holiday season. We have never heard of this before, but after reading the description, we are super pumped to host this event!
It’s so simple and we encourage you to turn your holiday party teal, too! Briefly, this is all you need to do:
- Submit your application to the OCRF
- Once your application is received, they will send you a package of goodies to help make your party spec-teal-cular (ha)
- Invite as many or as few people as you want
- Post your invite on Facebook, while tagging OCRF (you can Tweet about it, too!) – we are planning on getting great teal invites, filling them out with OCRF info, and also providing Take Back Teal literature, as well!
- TEAL the entire party! Ask your guests to wear something – anything – teal and when they get there, explain why you’re hosting the event and what it’s all about (ovarian cancer awareness!). Get teal party favors, confetti, place holders – you name it
- Instead of having guests bring dessert, wine, or a gift, ask them to bring a donation of any amount for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund – the OCRF will provide you with all the literature you need to make your party a fun and informative hit!
- Take lots of pictures/videos and share them with the OCRF for a chance to be featured in their newsletter
- Send in your donations to the OCRF – easy!
We cannot wait to schedule our party – it couldn’t be more of a no-brainer. If you already have a holiday party scheduled, it will just take a few simple modifications to turn it teal and really show your community/family/friends what the spirit of giving really means.
The best part? We love to bake (we’re gluten-free, but we’ll make an exception for our non-GF guests) and we get to totally dye our frosting and yummy treats teal! There’s also some great teal cocktail ideas on our Pinterest and we are going to add many more – so be sure to follow.
So, who’s on your guest list? We plan to host our party in our home in Philly – and don’t worry, we’ll keep you posted with all of our party-planning ideas!
Psst…this also seems like a great party theme for any time of the year, if you can’t squeeze one in this holiday season